Wedding Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In a mood.

Yeah, the kinda mood where you just want to declare your love in frilly, flowery, song-lyrical terms. However, my creativity is poo, so I'll be borrowing love quotes that seem to adequately express how I'm feeling about my hunny. :)

Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

He's leaving in 10 short days. Physically he will be away from me, but I feel that our love is strong enough to overcome this challenge. His heart will be here with me, so it will be home. And I will take good care of it, because I want him to do the same with mine.

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
~Friedrich Nietzsche

The phrase "madly in love" is completely accurate. I feel it, and know it to be true. It's amazing how this emotion can make you feel things on the opposite ends of the spectrum at the same time. That, my friends, is enough to drive anyone mad.


A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.
~George Jean Nathan

This quote fits my sweetie so well. It's as though he finds a comfortable and secure place when he's laying down beside me with my head on his shoulder, because he always ends up falling asleep. I love that he's so comfortable with me that he can drift off into the most vulnerable state. Especially when he does it with a smile on his face. There's not another feeling like it.

Love and electricity are one in the same, my dear. If you do not feel the jolt in your soul every time a kiss is shared, a whisper is spoken, a touch is felt, then you're not really in love at all.
~C. J. Franks

Even though this sort of contradicts the previous one, I still like it and think it is also true. Every touch, every kiss, every time. Sometimes it's a warm fuzzy comfortable feeling, other times it's a shock to my toes. It's never unpleasant.

Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.
~La Rochefoucauld

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and all that. I really hope this is the case, as I've said before. I really think we've got what it takes, and I can only say that I will do my best to make sure nothing changes.


The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
~Victor Hugo

Knowing he loves me even though I'm messy, sometimes lazy, stubborn as a mule, and get nasty blemishes on my chin when I'm PMSing makes me think he could be telling the truth about this. Not only does he love me when I'm at my best, but he loves me the rest of the time too. And that is the most solid proof of "love" I can think of.


I wish I had the creativity to put it into my own words, but since I don't, I'm glad others do... and I hope they don't mind my borrowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment